Do you a have a recipe that you can make again, and again, and again and not get bored with it? For us, it is this super easy and delicious spicy pulled chicken. Before we got our IP, we would make this in the Crockpot and it was good- but it took hours, the whole house smelled like hot sauce and it often turned out dry. Ever since we adapted it for the Instant Pot, this chicken has become a family favourite. It's quick. It's easy. It only requires pantry staples. And best of all- it comes out perfect. Every. Single. Time.
The pulled chicken is perfect for making wraps, adding a dash of protein to salads/sandwiches, mixing up with eggs for a breakfast skillet, fixing a burrito bowl or just eating by itself with rice or bread. It takes minimal time, minimal effort and keeps really well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe. For more awesome content, don’t forget to subscribe to our youtube channel and our mailing list. We’d love to hear how this turned out for you!
Instant Pot Spicy Pulled Chicken
- 1 whole Chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce reduce if you don't like spicy food or are on a low sodium diet
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or a mix of other seasonings you like
- 1 Whole Onion quartered
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter KerryGold if available simply because it's the yummiest
- Toss all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, close the lid and set it on the poultry function for 10 minutes. Let NPR.
- Remove chicken from the liquid and shred. Return chicken to the pot and sauté on high for a few minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove the shredded chicken from the pot into a bowl/platter and discard remaining liquid.
- Top salads, make sandwiches or wraps or have with rice or quinoa!