Have you ever found a recipe that is quick, delicious and nutritious? It's generally very hard to hit that trifecta but the Instant Pot Mexican Style Quinoa ranks highly on each standard and altogether is a total keeper. This recipe has 2 minutes of active cooking time, about 5-10 minutes of rest time depending on how you like your quinoa (soft or a little firmer) and uses pantry staples that you're likely to have on hand at any given time.
I used my Instant Pot Duo-60 7-in-1 to make this and it remains my favorite IP (I own 4 now) and the one that I use the most. The recipe for this amazing meal is right after the jump.
Thanks for trying the recipe and hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!
Instant Pot Mexican Style Quinoa
- 1 whole Jalapeno (diced)
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Chicken/Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 whole Avocade (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup Sour cream (for garnish)
- 1 whole Lemon (quartered)
- Turn the IP to saute until the display reads HOT
- Once the display says HOT, add in the EVOO and the diced jalapeno. The jalapeno will become fragrant in a minute or two.
- Add the frozen corn, black beans, fire roasted diced tomatoes, quinoa, stock and all the seasonings. Mix thoroughly
- Place the lid on the IP making sure the knob is turned to SEALING. Set the pot on Manual for 2 minutes. Let NPR for 5-10 minutes depending on how firm you like your quinoa- closer to 5 minutes if you like it firm and closer to 10 if you like it soft
- Garnish with the chopped avocado, lemon juice and sour cream